Immerse yourself in the history of Clos Lucé
with the thematic guided tours
- Eight audio installations around the park recreate Leonardo da Vinci’s thoughts in English, French, Italian and German. For the hearing impaired, the transcripts of the audio installations are available from the ticket office.
Guided tour (only in French)
Book a tour with our guide and take a historic walk in the Clos Lucé. A chance to learn more about the history of Leonardo da Vinci who lived here, and to discover his last projects for the King Francis I.
- Duration: 60 min.
- Tour times (2023) :
▪ January, February: 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 4 p.m.
▪ March through October: 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:15 p.m.
▪ November and December: 11:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:45 p.m.
- Price: €4.20 (in addition to the admission fee). Booking: click here.
Family guided tour in Leonardo da Vinci's park (in french)
As an alternative to the guided tour of the property advertised, visit Leonardo da Vinci Park, an open-air museum, and listen with your family to the story of Clos Lucé and learn all about the multi-talented Leonardo da Vinci :
- Duration : 1h
- Tour times :
▪ Easter and All Saints school vacations: Monday through Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.
▪ Summer school vacations: daily at 11:00 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.
▪ Christmas vacations: Tuesday through Saturday at 11 a.m. and 2:15 p.m.
- Price: €6 from visitors aged 7+ (in addition to the admission fee). Booking: click here
GUIDED TOUR WITH MATHURINE IN ENGLISH (ONLY FOR GROUPS) :
The guided tour in English has to be booked directly with Amboise Val de Loire Tourism Office : +33(0)2 47 57 09 28.
At the Château du Clos Lucé, discovering Leonardo da Vinci is a family activity.
Explore the world of Leonardo using his inventor’s notebook and his workshops, through our family-friendly approach!
To make your visit easier
The inventor's notebook (7-12 years old)
The notebook is available in French and English (pencils are not provided).